This is an exciting opportunity to join the ERT Finance team in a leadership role, overseeing all taxation matters for global operations. ERT has grown significantly over the last few years, organically and through acquisition. ERT is a growing and rewarding place to pursue a career, especially if you’re passionate about finding solutions needed to keep healthcare moving forward and improve the lives of others – whether they live across the street or around the world. Our success starts with our caring and collaborative people, from the recent college grad just getting started to the expert with a wealth of knowledge and skills to share.
Essential DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Coordinate and perform tax research and planning activities to optimize taxes and the Company’s
effective tax rate.
2. Overall responsibility for the quarterly and year-end tax close process, provide oversight of the
Company consolidated global ASC 740 calculations, and coordinating with external advisors and
financial statement auditors.
3. Overall responsibility for and assist with review of all U.S. Federal, state and foreign income tax
compliance for affiliated entities.
4. Identify opportunities for tax planning which may impact U.S. Federal and state tax filing
positions, apportionment, state tax provisions, etc.
5. Evaluate U.S. Federal, state and international tax impacts of new transactions, including M&A
6. International tax experience:
a. Serve as a leader for execution and documentation of transfer pricing policy, including
working with third party advisors to document significant positions.
b. Review quarterly and annual foreign tax packages as submitted by the regional tax
c. Review and consolidate foreign provision to return true-up, deferred tax assets/liabilities
and current payable reconciliation for all foreign subsidiaries.
d. Review, update and maintain the worldwide income tax table
e. Develop and maintain process and procedures for the repatriation of cash from foreign
sources in a tax effective manner
Other Duties and Responsiblities:
1. Assist or lead in special projects as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NEEDED:
2. Master’s Degree in Taxation strongly preferred
3. CPA Required
4. Strong international tax experience
5. Strong technical and research background around federal and state tax codes and interpretation of
international tax requirements.
6. 15+ years of progressive tax experience with at least 5 years as global head of tax in an
7. Proven record of significantly impacting financial performance through the development and
implementation of innovative tax strategies that minimize local, federal, and international taxes
8. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, developing environment with excellent organizational skills,
thorough attention to detail, and a hands-on mentality
9. Able to work independently with little supervision, and to work effectively in cross-functional,
10. Excellent communication and organizational skills
11. Strong financial acumen and advanced aptitude in problem solving, including the ability to
logically structure an appropriate analytical framework.
12. Good leadership skills – an innovative people manager able to lead, develop and motivate and
manage high performing teams. Able to foster and nurture a positive working culture and lead by