ERT - Pittsburgh is hiring an Associate Product Manager who will help deliver measurable business results through product solutions that meet both market needs and company goals. Supports all aspects of the Product Life Cycle for Products (defined as products, devices and services) in a new or established Product line. Assists in defining new Product user stories, and drive internal teams to the successful launch, market adoption, serviceability and profitable market growth of those Products.
The Associate Product Manager accomplishes this by:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Business and Market Planning
● May help identify market segments and opportunities for new Products
● Helps to analyze market trends, potential customers, competitors
● May evaluate customer needs to determine suitability for ERT Product opportunities
2. Manage Product Programs
● Assists with developing an intimate knowledge of customer needs and competitive intelligence, identify global market trends and drivers, and formulate and execute strategic product portfolio planning (Build / Buy / Partner strategies)
● Assists with obtaining customer requirements and specify product and service features including road maps via market research, market analysis, and ongoing communication with marketing, sales, and operations as well as 3rd party sources in order to meet customer needs
● Assists with developing a detailed marketing requirements specifications
● Assists with development of critical marketing documents to enable successful Product delivery efforts (i.e., Opportunity Overview, Market Requirements Documents, Product Launch Packages)
3. Product Life Cycle Management
● May lead internal company communications for all Product-related information
● May lead internal efforts to move any assigned Products through the Product Life Cycle process.
● Coordinate priorities with the Product Review Board
4. Business Management
● Assists with Financial management
● Assists with Customer satisfaction
● Assists with Competitiveness
● Assists with Serviceability
● Assists with Communicating all potential risks (regulatory or other), operational deviations including summary root cause and CAPA metrics to ERT Executive Management personnel as necessary.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Provide input for product management best practices and SOPs
● Train internal users and sales team on new product releases including features and benefits; Manage the creation of effective product demonstrations and train sales force on demonstration execution
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. ERT reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of ERT. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NEEDED:
● Bachelor’s degree (business or science-related field preferred); Master’s degree in Business Administration or Technology /Science preferred
● At least 0-3+ years of experience in product management
● Ability to travel some of the time
● Proven leadership and decision-making ability
● Excellent team and leadership skills.
● Demonstrated project planning skills and track record of defining, developing, and launching successful Products
● Deep healthcare and/or clinical trial industry knowledge preferred
● Effective communication skills; written and oral in English and working with and leading cross functional teams
● Experience with databases, web, or handheld technologies and software applications
● Pharmaceutical industry knowledge and experience with clinical data capture systems or clinical research a plus.
● For those positions managing (medical) devices, these additional qualifications apply:
o Experience with (medical) devices and related technologies
o Experience creating medical data management, data transfer and data storage systems including relevant standards,
o Experience developing specifications for (medical) data management, data transfer and data storage systems including relevant standards
o Experience creating (medical) devices including documentation (technical file) for CE marketing, FDA 510(k) and other country approvals
o Experience with GMP, GCP, 21 CFR Part 11, MDD; preferably trained as Medical Device Consultant
● For positions managing respiratory / Cardiac Safety Products additional qualifications apply:
o Proven leadership and decision-making ability
o Demonstrated leadership in executing market research (voice of customer), identifying unmet market needs, and translating those needs into business opportunities
o Demonstrated business planning skills and track record of defining, developing, and launching successful software products
o Ability to synthesize information into a compelling story
o Customer focus with interpersonal and influencing skills across the organization
o Project coordination and planning skills
The Department Head has the discretion to hire personnel with a combination of experience and education, which may vary from the above listed qualifications.