ERT - Philadelphia is hiring a Sr. Director, Marketing. This person will hold ultimate responsibility for the organization’s marketing activities and oversees the development and delivery of a fully integrated marketing strategy for the business.
ERT is a global data and technology company that minimizes uncertainty and risk in clinical trials so that customers can move ahead with confidence. With nearly 50 years of clinical and therapeutic experience, ERT balances knowledge of what works with a vision for what’s next, so we can adapt without compromising standards.
Powered by the company’s EXPERT® technology platform, ERT’s solutions enhance trial oversight, enable site optimization, increase patient engagement and measure the efficacy of new clinical treatments while ensuring patient safety. Since 2014, more than half of all FDA drug approvals came from ERT-supported studies. Pharma companies, biotechs and CROs have relied on ERT solutions in 10,000+ studies spanning more than three million patients to date. By identifying trial risks before they become problems, ERT enables customers to bring clinical treatments to patients quickly — and with confidence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Leads the Marketing function, including product marketing, marketing communications, and marketing operations.
2. Leads the marketing communications function including developing, enhancing and protecting the ERT brand, translating value propositions into high-impact content, and establishing digital, non-digital and event channel presences
3. Directs the product marketing management team to define compelling customer value propositions and key marketing messages and helps translate them into effective marketing materials and programs to support all ERT product lines and services, including cross-product bundling initiatives.
4. Maintain standards and consistency throughout each product line promotional strategies, consistent with the One ERT philosophy.
5. Branding – define core brand promise, identify support for that promise, translate ERT’s core products and services through the lens of that promise and identify ways for the organization to continue to align itself behind that promise.
6. Overseeing implementation of the Marketing strategy - including campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR.
7. Non-Digital Marketing – working with Sales, Marketing Operations and Product Marketing Directors, build tools that will enable sales to be more efficient and effective in converting opportunities into sales.
8. Events & Trade Shows – Oversee the development of ERT’s year-round calendar of marketing events, webinars and congresses to reinforce the ERT brand and generate more demands.
9. Working closely with the company’s Sales team; enabling them to meet their commercial objectives by providing them with appropriate tools, materials and presentations.
10. Guiding the day to day activities of the marketing team.
11. Responsible for reporting on marketing effectiveness, ROI, key performance indicators and presenting to the Executive Management Team
12. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, training and developing employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Excellent communication and persuasion skills- able to convincingly sell ideas and plans to internal and external constituencies - executives, customers, prospects, sales team and analysts,.
2. Self- sufficiency- Identify solutions and strategic direction in spite of high degrees of ambiguity and uncertainty.
3. Multi-tasking and agility- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully execute projects under a heavy workload and changing conditions is critical
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. ERT reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of ERT. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NEEDED:
1. BS degree in Marketing, or equivalent experience
2. MBA preferred
3. 10-12 years of marketing communications and product marketing experience
4. Demonstrated track record of successfully leading the marketing function
5. Clinical development industry experience highly desirable
6. Ability to present, influence and defend communications strategies with executive management
7. Exceptional writing ability and design acumen.
8. Able to communicate effectively with staff at all levels and from departments throughout the company.
9. Able to work in a fast-paced environment, manage multiple projects and stakeholders, and generate creative and pragmatic solutions.
10. Inquisitive personality, someone who sees a data point and wants to understand everything that influences it.
11. Excellent communication and persuasion skills- able to convincingly sell ideas and plans to internal constituencies, executives, prospects, sales team and analysts.
12. Self- sufficiency- Identify solutions and strategic direction in spite of high degrees of ambiguity and uncertainty.
13. Multi-tasking and agility- Ability to manage multiple tasks and successfully execute projects under a heavy workload and changing conditions is critical.
The Department Head has the discretion to hire personnel with a combination of experience and education, which may vary from the above listed qualifications.