ERT - Philadelphia is hiring a Sr. Marketing Specialist. This person will support ERT public relations and social media efforts, helping to support brand/product positioning, thought leadership and lead generation efforts.
ERT is a global data and technology company that minimizes uncertainty and risk in clinical trials so that customers can move ahead with confidence. With nearly 50 years of clinical and therapeutic experience, ERT balances knowledge of what works with a vision for what’s next, so we can adapt without compromising standards.
Powered by the company’s EXPERT® technology platform, ERT’s solutions enhance trial oversight, enable site optimization, increase patient engagement and measure the efficacy of new clinical treatments while ensuring patient safety. Since 2014, more than half of all FDA drug approvals came from ERT-supported studies. Pharma companies, biotechs and CROs have relied on ERT solutions in 10,000+ studies spanning more than three million patients to date. By identifying trial risks before they become problems, ERT enables customers to bring clinical treatments to patients quickly — and with confidence.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Executes public relations programs, including press releases, earned and paid media,
awards programs and other company announcements; serves as the company’s primary
liaison with the media.
2. Works with Product Marketing/Marketing Communications team members to generate content to fuel
thought leadership and lead generation programs, including articles, white papers,
eBooks, conference abstracts and other collateral as identified in Marketing plans.
3. Implements organic and paid social media programs, including maintenance of a master
calendar, content development and eye-catching visuals.
4. Manages ‘Turning Points’ blog on ert.com, including maintaining a master calendar,
identifying relevant topics and developing associated content, optimizing content for
SEM, and creating compelling visuals as appropriate.
5. Maintains key metrics to demonstrate impact of PR/social media programs.
6. Provides inputs to other Marketing programs and communications, including company
newsletters, events and other lead generation activities.
7. Updates news/related sections of the website as needed, e.g., company news, home
page, to keep pages current and relevant.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists in acquisition communications, both internal and external, including employee
emails and related announcements, employee engagement programs and events, media
2. Works with HR and Marketing Communications Director to implement key internal communications
programs, including significant company announcements, ERT support for FDA
approvals, product launches, and other strategic projects as identified.
3. Supports strategic recruitment marketing projects as identified by HR, including social
media, internal promotion for key roles/initiatives, and recruiting fairs.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities
of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. ERT reserves
the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of ERT. This job description
and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS NEEDED:
BS degree in Marketing, or equivalent experience
Minimum 5 years of public relations and/or marketing communications experience in
healthcare, agency or technology-related field.
Clinical trial industry experience highly desirable
Exceptional writing ability and design acumen.
Able to work in a fast-paced environment; manage multiple projects and stakeholders.
Detail-oriented, inquisitive, and a problem-solver by nature.
Self-directed; able to work independently (and in a matrix environment), operate under
pressure, and easily adapt to a changing array of priorities.
Strong time management skills; can handle numerous projects simultaneously and meet
A team player capable of working effectively with individuals throughout the organization.
Proactive, creative individual that can to generate ideas and transform them into
The Department Head has the discretion to hire personnel with a combination of experience and
education, which may vary from the above listed qualifications.